4/14/15

Book Blog



I have been reading Kindred by Octavia E. Butler for my book group book. This story follows a black woman, named Dana. Who mysteriously gets the power to travel back in time. After going back once or twice she discovers that the little boy, Rufus she keeps returning in order to save is her ancestor. She has many issues while in the past, due to the fact it takes place in the era of slavery. This makes it very dangerous for her to travel through time. She keeps going back and coming home, but she only comes home when she fears for her life.

I do not enjoy this book. I think the plotline is good, but I think that it wasn't carried as well as it could've been. I think a lot of the time things just go perfectly, when in real life they wouldn't, such as when Dana throws burning curtains out the window of the second story of a house in the middle of the woods, and they happen to not catch anything on fire. It also isn't very descriptive and has a lot more flaws. So far I don't like this book, but maybe thats just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks bud