1/27/15

Book Blog

This week I read the book Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. This book follows the story of a girl, and a box she leaves on her Ex-boyfriends doorstep. The box contains many small items, such as a bottle cap, a movie ticket, and many other things, along with a note that explains why they broke up. Now I'm not going to go too much into this because I don't want to give anything away. This book does follow themes of classic romance, and eventual heartbreak.

Although this is a great story, I have to say I am not the biggest fan of the way the chapters are divided. I think that although it was smart to have each chapter represent a different item in the box, and how it helped the story get tied together. I think that at times it got sort of confusing, because it does get more like a rant as it goes on, and less like a story. Despite this I still loved this book and the sort of mystery aspect it had. And I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a book, that'll both amuse them and make them think.    

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Quinn, I think that this might be a really good book but at the same time might not be a good book!
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. I might or might not read that book

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really different from books that I've read. Maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks bud