1/30/15

Falling

Have you ever been on one of those little trampolines they have at places like Heritage Square, or in those strip malls, or carnivals even. Not bouncy castles, but the mini bungee jumping stations where you get attached to chords, and jump. 
Up and Down. 
Well I was about 9 years old. 
I got on. I got hooked up. And I was jumping.
Up and Down
Up and Down
Up and Down
I was at the very top then..,
Snap.
Down
Down
Down
I was falling, 
I was falling so fast I couldn't even hear my mom screaming. 
I didn't know where I was, or what was happening. 
It seemed like hours I was falling. 
When I finally reached the bottom I landed on my neck,
luckily at just the right angle, not the wrong one.
Not the one where I would've broken my neck, or worse.    

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you almost DIED? That's intense, did you ever go on another one of those again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, did the chord break? What a memory, but good that you were okay, Quinn!

    ReplyDelete

thanks bud