2/3/15

Book Blog

This week I read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, It is about two men, Lennie and George, who are travelling across the country during the 1920s/30s. Eventually they both land jobs at a ranch, claiming they're cousins. At this ranch they meet Curley, one of the workers at the ranch, him and his wife cause a few issues throughout the book. They also meet Slim, whom George soon becomes close with, and reveals him and Lennie are not actually cousins, just friends who are traveling together. And that the reason was because Lennie grabbed a woman's dress and was falsely accused.

I really liked how the author captured Lennies personality. How well he described the big teddy bear Lennie was, how he was big but not the smartest, I thought that made him a very real character. I really liked this book and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. In addition to having a good story it is also a very quick and easy read. I would recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. I love this book and I thought it was really sad. It was definitely a quick read.
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a great book, but very sad.

    ReplyDelete

thanks bud