3/11/15

Book Blog

Recently I have finished reading Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. It is about a man named Okonkwo, who lives in a small society in Africa. Throughout the book you learn more and more about both Okonkwo and his society, which I think was great. At one point in the book Okonkwo gets banished from his town. This is a very important turning point to the book, in terms of what happens in the town and Okonkwo's character development. He is banished for 7 years, returning to find his whole towns structure changed. Missionaries have arrived essentially taking over the town. Although some are peaceful, it greatly impacts the dynamic of the town and its occupants. Leading to a surprising ending that also teaches more about the culture of the town, and Okonkwo.

I thought that although this book had a great message, and amazing character development. I think that in parts it dragged on more then it had to. And at points I didn't enjoy it as much as in other parts. I would recommend this book to Adults and advanced teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks bud