3/17/15

Book Blog

18/31 of March challenge


Recently I read Counting by 7's, by Holly Goldberg Sloan. This book is about a girl, named Willow. And Willow is not your normal student, Willow is exceptionally smart, with an incredible knowledge of plants and pretty much all other things. The book starts with Willow hearing her parents had died in a car accident, then it goes back two months to when Willow is first starting middle school. On one of the days she takes a test, and aces it. This leads the principal to believe that she has cheated, And forces her to meet with one of the school counsellors, Mr. Dull. Immediately he recognizes her intelligence, and starts to form a bond with her. Soon she meets another patient's younger sister Mai, who she soon forms  friendship with. Then Willow's parents die. This causes Mai to lie to the cops, and say Willow was a family friend, and could live with them. This leads to many twists and turns throughout the plot.
I loved this book, I thought it was really well written, but also a very fast read. I would recommend this book to almost anyone. Especially people who enjoyed A Mango Shaped Space.


5 comments:

  1. I read this book like a year ago so I might not remember it correctly, but I'm pretty sure it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book like a year ago so I might not remember it correctly, but I'm pretty sure it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book! I'll make sure to add it on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read this book and it is great. I liked your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book a while ago and liked it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

thanks bud